Locally Made, Premium Culinary Oils
Hawaii’s top chefs are raving about the flavorful, premium culinary oils by Maiden Hawaii Naturals. Our signature Maui Sunflower oil and Hawaii Macadamia nut oil are made fresh using locally grown ingredients, including nuts from Hawaii Island and sunflowers that we sustainably farm on Maui.
Our oils are expeller-pressed with no additives or preservatives and bottled by our company on Hawaii Island. Most conventional oils are heavily processed at high temperatures and with harsh chemicals to extract the oil and extend the shelf life; those refined oils are clear, odorless and depleted of nutrients. Our oils are produced naturally: we mechanically press the nuts and seeds with no additives or preservatives, retaining the oil’s nutrients, flavor, aroma and color. Our oils are vegan, gluten-free, cholesterol-free and sugar-free.
When you purchase our culinary oils, you’re supporting local farming, local food production and greater sustainability in Hawaii. Our company was created in 2017 by renewable energy pioneers, Bob and Kelly King. Their Maui-based company Pacific Biodiesel, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, recycles waste cooking oils from restaurants statewide for use in the production of clean biodiesel. Now our locally made culinary oils are offered to Hawaii’s chefs and the used cooking oil will be recycled to produce a 100% renewable fuel for a cleaner, greener Hawaii – that’s full circle sustainability!
At our 115-acre family farm in Maui’s central valley, we sustainably farm the sunflowers year-round using no pesticides, no herbicides and no GMO crops. All of our farm equipment runs on locally produced 100% biodiesel. Although we are not yet certified organic, we follow organic farming and production practices. And, because it is important to us to respect the Hawaiian culture and care for these islands, our farm team integrates the Hawaiian Moon Calendar into our farming operations – we evaluate this calendar when we’re planning our fields, aiming to plant on one of the optimum days while avoiding the few “no plant” days.
Macadamia Nut Oil
- Made with 100% Hawaiian macadamia nuts from farmers on Hawaii Island
- A premium expeller-pressed oil
- Use for high-heat cooking or flavorful finishing oil
- Extremely high in Omega 7; a good source of vitamin E
- Extremely shelf stable; use within 24 months of bottled date; keep in a cool, dark place.
Chefs Tell Us: Neat toasted nutty cacao flavor; delightfully complex; crazy flavorful; very impressive flavor. Learn more about what chefs are saying about our premium culinary oils in this video. Download free chef recipes featuring our Hawaiian Macadamia culinary oil.
Maui Sunflower Oil
- The sunflowers are farmed by our company on Maui without pesticides, herbicides and no GMO crops
- A premium, cold pressed and unrefined oil
- Use for high-heat cooking or as flavorful finishing oil
- Rich in Omega 9 (Oleic Acid) and Omega 6 (Linoleic Acid), which is an Essential Fatty Acid (EFA). EFAs are essential for normal functioning of all tissues in the body; they can’t be made by the body and can only be obtained from food.
- We suggest you use this freshly pressed oil within 6 months of bottled date; keep in a cool, dark place.
Chefs Tell Us: Fresh; clean taste; subtle sunflower seed scent and flavor; best sunflower oil I’ve ever tasted! Find out what chefs are saying in this video. Download free chef recipes featuring Maui Sunflower oil.
Other Notes About Our Oils:
- Expeller pressed, filtered and bottled by our company on Hawaii Island
- Vegan and free of Sodium, Sugar, Gluten, and Cholesterol
- Can be heated up to 420° F
Our culinary oils are currently offered in bulk 1-gallon and 5-gallon sizes for restaurants and food manufacturers. The oils are also available in 12oz bottles for retailers. For wholesale pricing of these items, please contact us.